TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
TBirdUK

Broad Search mod

TBirdUK

Just a suggestion but before my Partner sees it and she drags me down the church, perhaps the wording
"NOTE: Tick 'Broad Search' to include Nicknames, Alternative and Married Names"

should be changed to
NOTE: Tick 'Broad Search' to include Nicknames, Alternative and Spouse or Partner's Surnames?

Pete

ps if you try to install latest mod on TNG11.02 it will refuse to install due to an error on Template 12,
Mod author has been advised of change needed, if you want a temporary fix (change 5 letters) ping me direct

Ken Roy

Pete.

You need to download the correct version of the mod.  The first 3 positions of the mod number indicate what is the minimum version of TNG the mod will install on.

So if by latest version of the mod you mean Broad Seach 11.1.0.2, you cannot install that mod on TNG 11.0.2 because it requires TNG 11.1.0 which is currently in beta testing.

TBirdUK

That's just plain confusing, after I have I downloaded the latest version of TNG I am afraid my inclination is to go for the latest mod, I know I should be able to remember which version number I am running but the old gray cells are evaporating!

Ken Roy

The mod version number was setup to use the first 3 position to reflect the minimum TNG version to which it applies.  Not everyone upgrades to the latest TNG versions so we needed a way to let users know which mod version they need to use.  The icon also reflects the minimum TNG version to which a mod applies.

In TNG v7 when mods were v1, v2, etc.  there was no way of knowing to which TNG version a mod applied.  There are still TNG users running older versions of TNG like v6, v7, and v8, although hosts upgrading to newer version of PHP are forcing them to upgrade as well.

It should not be terribly difficult to associate the first 3 positions of a mod version number with the TNG version.