TNG Community

Mouse Wheel Zoom Mod: Phantom Mod Mgr entry

tngrlkrz

Have been using the Mouse Wheel Zoom http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mouse_Wheel_Zoom for Event Maps on the getperson page. On my Wamp system, the event map appears and the zoom works, but a phantom entry with reference to an older version appears thusly in Mod Mgr. The newer version appears in the Mod Listing also, no errors.

2016-12-10_7-42-32.jpg

On my Web test installation, the getperson event map doesn't even appear, though settings are checked, and the same phantom entry appears. On both systems, running the latest mouse wheel version 11.0.2.2.  Mod support for this code is in this forum so posting here.Have tried deleting the entry, and making a 'map setting' change in admin, receive these 'warnings':

Warning: file(/home/krzmarzick/www/test/mods/mouse_wheel_zoom_v9.0.0.1a.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/krzmarzick/www/test/admin_updatemapconfig.php on line 96

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/krzmarzick/www/test/admin_updatemapconfig.php on line 100

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/krzmarzick/www/test/admin_updatemapconfig.php:96) in /home/krzmarzick/www/test/admin_updatemapconfig.php on line 114

Again, looks like vestiges of an older version.  Anyone else run into this?  Not sure what to refresh besides the associated Mod.

Ron

Ron,

I have updated the Mouse Wheel Zoom mod to fix the issue when saving the  Map Settings.  Please delete the phantom mod, uninstall the v11.0.2.2 and install the v11.0.2.3 version.

Ken,

Thanks but still getting the 9.xx errors after map settings save with the new version, following your instructions. Suspect I have some corrupted files now, admin_updatemapconfig perhaps, not sure. 

On the subject of maps, I tried copying tng_places from one system to another by using utilities:backup and then ftping the file into the bkup folder of the destination system, and finally restoring.  The restore was successful, along with geocode coordinates, but the 'tree' field is blank.  It was not on the source system.  The destination tree ID is different, but the tree name is the same.  I looked at Places:edit and don't see a way to insert the 'tree' field.  Without that, the event map for a person doesn't matchup and display.

Is there a way to edit the places without having to regenerate them?

Ken,

There apparently was some corruption, likely due to repeated uninstall/reinstalls.  After uninstalling the Mods, I copied in the three files (mapconfig.php,admin_mapconfig, admin_updatemapconfig)  that the 2 associated Mods, Mouse Wheel Zoom and Mobile Individual Page from 11.0.2 install files.  I then reinstalled, and now successfully saved map settings w/o any mod mgr errors or phantom mods appearing.

Thanks again!

However, I still have the question about the tng_places and if it can be migrated from one system to another with a different tree id.  They were restored, but have nothing in the 'tree' column, and edit isn't available for that field.  

I will likely need to re-import to a new tree with the same id and try again.

Ron

Success!  I created another tree, restored the same tng_places dataset, and now the 'tree' field appears, as does the map coordinates and resulting event map.  Apparently the tree ID must match the dataset restored.

Ron

15 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

However, I still have the question about the tng_places and if it can be migrated from one system to another with a different tree id.  They were restored, but have nothing in the 'tree' column, and edit isn't available for that field.  

I will likely need to re-import to a new tree with the same id and try again.

Ron

Sounds like you have Pool Places on one system but not on the other.  Yes, the treeIDs must be the same if the default place setting to assign to a tree was not changed.

Ken,

Actually no, I was unaware of, nor have had the need for, the Pooling_Places mod, so neither system had that mod.  I only have one tree. I assigned a different 'Tree ID' but same 'Tree name' in trying to debug another Mod I've with which there has been some issues, and was trying to isolate the problem. The 'default' place setting, is that something afforded by the Mod or in the basic TNG system?

Ron Krmarzick

Ron,

Pooling Places is a TNG feature implemented in TNG V9 (not a mod) so that places can be shared between multiple trees.  It is specified in the TNG General Settings in the Miscellaneous section - Assign Place records to Trees: which defaults to Yes

If you have multiple trees, you might want to change it to No so that place names are shared between trees.