TNG Community
Hardy

Setting Permissions TNG On Synology NAS With DSM 5.0+

jrvd

I could not get passed the permissions setting in the TNG11.1 setup through the readme.html file.

I followed Hardy's instructions in the first posting, step 3. In File Station I changed the rights for every file but every time I clicked on "set permissions" in the readme.html file I got the same error in TNG that permissions could not be set so I did not proceed.
After that I tried Total Commander, Putty, WinSCP to set the TNG permissions but the permissions error in TNG kept popping up.

So I only focused on getting rid of this permissions error before taking the next step in TNG installation and I guess this is my mistake.

On Monday Hardy mentioned that

On ‎13‎-‎2‎-‎2017 at 9:56 PM, Hardy said:

This is why my instructions say go to step '6. Establish Database connection'. It means you should skip all before it.

I did not understand the instructions this way and to be honest, I still cannot find this part that says to skip all steps and go to step 6 ;-).
But it is exactly what I did now. Despite the error in the readme.html setup that permissions could not be set, I simply moved to step 6 and entered the database settings and finished the installation. I imported my Gedcom and so far, it looks ok. Under diagnostics, I see only green lights so everything appears to be correct.

I hope it is all working now and thank you all for the help (and patience)

Hardy

Steve1200, great tip on using the diagnostics.

jrvd, Glad you got it sorted. I think you're right, my instructions could have been clearer. To clarify for the next reader:

• Follow Steps 1 and 2 in Darrin's Express Installation.
  • Do not execute, Steps 3 & 4 in Darrin's Express Installation, they will not work. Replace with Steps 3 and 4 in the original post.
  • Execute Step 5 to change the language if necessary.
  • Continue with Step 6 onwards in Darrin's Express Installation.
  • After completing the installation, run diagnostics to check file permissions are correct.

• Repeat Steps 3 and/or 4 in my original post for files/folders which still show a problem in diagnostics.

ned_worcs

Synology DSM 6+  Maria Data Base 10

You will need to change the default values on the database configuration (or via config.php if you upgrade) to:

Port = 3307

Domain Socket =  /run/mysqld/mysqld10.sock

as they are different to MDB5 which uses the default values.

HTH