TNG Community
Ggunyah

Problem with upgrade from ver 9 to ver 11

Ggunyah

I have followed instructions to the letter but have encountered problems.

1.  I can get to General Settings page but can't open any of the links.  It appears that every item is linked to [my site]/admin_genconfig.php#

2. I got to section 8.  I couldn't expand Table Names as instructed  so skipped that but continued in para 8....

3. I ran the file upgrade_db9x-11x.php  as instructed ---- it ran OK but the output included two error lines:

• CREATE TABLE (ID int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, testID int(11) NOT NULL, personID varchar(22) NOT NULL, gedcom varchar(20) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (ID)) ENGINE = MYISAM ... failed or done previously
  • CREATE TABLE (testID int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, test_type varchar(40) NOT NULL, test_number varchar(50) NOT NULL, notes text NOT NULL, vendor varchar(100) NOT NULL, test_date date NOT NULL, personID varchar(22) NOT NULL, gedcom varchar(20) NOT NULL, urls text NOT NULL, haplogroup varchar(40) NOT NULL, significant_snp varchar(80) NOT NULL, terminal_snp varchar(80) NOT NULL, markers varchar(40) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (testID), INDEX test_date (test_date)) ENGINE = MYISAM ... failed or done previously

I attempted to create the two tables manually - but the sql code shown doesn't include the table names.

I won't attempt to proceed with upgrade until I get some suggestions.  .... Looks like I may have to do a full install? I have backed up all tables and files.

Looking for assistance please.

Liz

Ken Roy

You have to add the 2 new DNA table names in Admin > Setup > General Settings > Tables BEFORE you run the db update script.

If you cannot expand the collapsed sections, you are likely missing the javascript file that controls it in the js folder.