TNG Community

DNA Mod Manager

jan

After installing the DNA Mod manager "Add DNA test results", version 11.0.0.1, I get following message when I select "DNA Tests" in the Admin Area or Public Area:

An error has occurred in the TNG software. This could be due to a setup issue, an incomplete upgrade or a program bug. If you are the site owner, you may contact TNG support for help with this problem. Please copy the query below and paste it into your message.

Query: SELECT testID, test_type, test_date, tng_dna_tests.personID, tng_dna_tests.gedcom, test_number, firstname, lastname, lnprefix, nameorder, suffix, prefix, title, person_name, confirmed, markeropt, notesopt, linksopt, private_dna FROM tng_dna_tests LEFT JOIN tng_people ON tng_people.personID = tng_dna_tests.personID AND tng_people.gedcom = tng_dna_tests.gedcom ORDER BY test_number, test_date LIMIT 50

This message disappears as soon as I uninstall the "Add DNA test results". Can somebody give me an idea how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance!

Jan

http://www.matruschka.net

After you installed the Add DNA Test Results mod, did you update the tables using the button in the Mod Manager screen?

Thanks Ken,

"Something" went wrong the first time. I un-installed V11.0.0.1 and replaced it by 11.0.0.2. After "fiddling around" a bit I think I have it now working as planned by the developers..... Somewhere I found also 2 lost (?) files: "create_dna_groups_table_v11.php" and "update_dna_tests_table_v11.php" and error messages disappeared.

Thanks for the tips!

jan

http://www.matruschka.net/

• 3 weeks later...
Samantha Jones

Hello!

I hope this is the right place for this...

I actually have 2 questions. The first is a request for future enhancements to the DNA Mod. I manage several ancestry dna tests among all three of the major test types (atdna, mtdna, and ydna). For the atdna tests I have some where I've identified a distinct overlapping chromosome and segment for a specific ancestor based on the descendants who have tested. For instance, my 2nd great grandmother Barbara Rousom (who was born a slave) had children by her husband and one child by the son-in-law of her former owner (identified by ydna and atdna testing). Descendants of her son born to the former slave owner have tested and so have descendants of her sons and daughter from her husband. The only overlapping dna we share is hers.  Therefore on her record in TNG I would like to enter the overlapping chromosome # and the from/to along the segments and listed it as identified as her dna. I would then like to have additional columns for me to enter information from gedmatch in the chromosome painting admixture section. I know it's asking a lot. But having a visual such as that could help us learn more about our ancestor and hopefully help us to find more of her ancestors as well.

The 2nd question I have.... is there a way to pull or create a report based on an ancestor (or several ancestors) to show how many linked dna tests they have under them? I manage a project where several of the oldest known ancestors (from Tishomingo County, MS) have been identified. Their descendants are testing and we are recruiting more descendants to test. I would like to have an 'at a glance' report to show me how many of Tarelton Morrison's descendants have tested; how many of Amos Southward, how many of Barbara Rousom, Jane Robinson, and more.... 

I'm really hoping that this is a possibility, please let me know.

Thanks!!