TNG Community

adding a line on menu bar

NancyP

I would like to add "Guest Login: guest / guest2016" after the login menu on the menu bar but I have not been able to figure out what file to edit. TNG is now so deeply immersed in php that it has become increasingly more difficult for me to do much in the way of customization. I'm using template 15 and have been able to add a few more customizations but this just plain eludes me. I've looked at the template 15 index and topmenu files but nothing works. Ideally, I'd like it under the menu bar on the same line as the "share & print" icons on the LEFT SIDE but at this point I'll take whatever.

Thanks for the look.

Nancy

How about sharing your solution. Other users might also like to do that but don't know how.

BTW, your template looks like #8, not #15 as you stated in your original question.

Hi Hiraeth,

the website I'm working on at present and the one I wanted to add the line to was: www.tullyhistoricalsociety.org which is template 15.

I don't know that it makes any difference which template is used at this point because I edited the genlib.php file.

I added these lines:

//Added for Guest Login: 
    $left_icons .= $text['guest'];

after this line in genlib.php:

$left_icons .= $profilelink;

then in the cust_text.php file I added:

//Added for  guest login
$text['guest'] = '(Guest Login: guest / guest2016)';

Like I mentioned above, I'm not much of a php person, so if the code is not formatted correctly ... oh well... there weren't any takers on answering my query and I had to wing it. All I know is that it worked and I like it. I'm happy to share.

NancyP