TNG Community

Census Plus International- Can't Add Links

Smiths

Just put up Census International version 11.0.0.4a a couple of days ago on TNG 11.0.1. Getting an error when attempting to link. For some reason the cpeventID is not being populated. What does it represent? 

screenshotcpeventid.PNG

I also notice in the query string that goes to the cplinkid.php page that foundPID is unpopulated.

tngPID=I2159&foundPID=&mycpdataID=20&cpbaseID=11&assignevent=106&assigntree=tree1&debug=

The link Add Type is "Add" even though I deleted all the records from data and base. It doesn't appear to me that there has been, in that section of code at 529, anything that has inserted the record into the TNG events table for it to get the cpeventid. Yes? 

What error are you getting?  What I see above is your attempt to diagnose the problem.  Please provide the error.

If it is the INSERT query, then run the query in phpMyAdmin and provide the error message from there.

The error shows that the value for field cpeventID is not being stuffed and then it fails. If I manually put in an eventID, it works, so someplace, and I suspect it's in the code that adds values to the events table, that's not working.

From what I can tell, you are a first time user of this mod, so I am trying to determine if something was left out of the setup.

Please run the failing query in phpMyAdmin and provide the error message returned by phpMyAdmin.

What are you selecting for Item#3 on the Import from Ancestry screen?

Select the Event to be used:           If the Census Event list is empty, you need to create a Custom Event where the tag is CENS or where the display contains census.

Notice that if the Census Event list is empty you need to take action to create a Custom Event for the Census where the tag is either CENS or the display contains the word census.

5 hours ago, Smiths said:

The error shows that the value for field cpeventID is not being stuffed and then it fails. If I manually put in an eventID, it works, so someplace, and I suspect it's in the code that adds values to the events table, that's not working.

My guess is that there are no Census Events in the pull down list on the Import from Ancestry screen and that you did not create such an event when the list showed as empty event list..

You need to go to Admin > Custom Events and add a custom event for Census with a tag of CENS or with the word census in the event display

No, that wasn't it. I had a custom event defined, but it wasn't stuffing the variable. I fixed it this morning. I went to the section for $cplinktype="Add" and put in a check for the $eventid. if nothing there, then it inserts into the event table with gedcom, persfamid, etc, then selects from the events table to get the eventid. I don't have time to figure out why it never got the eventid, but this fixes it. From cplinkID.php

$cplinktype = 'Add';
        //try adding for the cpeventID here
        if ($eventID ==""){
        //echo "no eventid";
                        $eventdatetr=$year."-00-00";
                //    additional event fields cannot be null 
                $eventage = '';
                $eventagency = '';
                $eventcause = '';
                $eventaddressID = '';
                $eventparenttag = '';
                $eventinfo = '';
                $insertquery = "INSERT INTO `$events_table` (gedcom, persfamID, eventtypeID, eventdate, eventdatetr, eventplace, age, agency, cause, addressID, parenttag, info) VALUES (\"$tree\",\"$foundPID\",\"$eventtypeID\",\"$year\",\"$eventdatetr\",\"$location\", \"$eventage\", \"$eventagency\", \"$eventcause\", \"$eventaddressID\", \"$eventparenttag\", \"$eventinfo\") ";
                //echo $insertquery;
                //exit;
                $insertresult = tng_query($insertquery) or die(tng_error());
                $eventID = tng_insert_id();
                $cplinktype = $cpeventadd;
                $query1="SELECT $events_table.* FROM `$events_table` WHERE `gedcom` = '$assigntree' AND `persfamID` = '$pID' AND `eventtypeID` ='$eventtypeID' AND `eventdate` LIKE '%$year%' ";   //  Look only for YYYY in eventdate
            $result1=tng_query($query1);
            if(tng_num_rows( $result1 )) {
                while ($row1 = tng_fetch_assoc( $result1 )) {
                    $eventID =  $row1['eventID'];
                }// end while row1          
            } // end of if result1

//exit;
         } 
        tng_query("INSERT INTO `$cp_link` (cpdataID, cpbaseID, gedcom, cpersonID, eventtypeID, cpeventID, cplinktype, censusYear ) VALUES (\"$cpdataID\", \"$cpbaseID\", \"$tree\", \"$foundPID\", \"$eventtypeID\", \"$eventID\", \"$cplinktype\", \"$censusYear\" ) ") or die(tng_error());
        $cplinkID = tng_insert_id();

Thanks for providing a fix.  Looking at the code it looks like it is a bug from the original version of the mod in TNG V9.

I am surprised that no one reported this as a problem before now, unless mod mod users import their data and already have a census event that can be linked to.

If you want to test the fix before I publish a new mod version, contact me to provide an email address where I can send the updated module.  I am thinking that additional code is needed similar to the code in lines 174-25

• 2 weeks later...

Steen,

This sounds like a different problem.  What version of the Census Plus International mod are you using?

Can you add a screen capture of the problem?  or message me credentials to access your site.

Hi Steen.

It looks like the code that builds the Census Event list is searching only for displays that contain the word census.

I will have to check whether I can change that to also search for CENS in the tag.