TNG Community
Ste4en

Fatal error - globallib.php on line 5

Ste4en

I am getting the following error. Just started occurring one day. I had not done anything to the site. Occurs on accessing the site and can not proceed further. Not sure where to start any guidance appreciated.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_register() in /home/hardyus/www/www/TNG/globallib.php on line 5. .

Version 9 of TNG

http://www.hardyus.com/history

thanks

Steve

theKiwi

It means that your site host has upgraded the version of PHP that your site is running on.

There are a couple of choices - you could use what's written here

or you can update your site to TNG 11 (or 10, but if you're going to upgrade you may as well go all they way)

Roger

Ste4en

Thanks Roger.

I attempted the upgrade to 11. I thought I followed all of the instructions. the errors have gone, but now i just have a blank screen? I did the whole process twice for the same result. Where do i go from here?

thanks

Steve

theKiwi

You'll need to find the error log for your site to see if it contains any clue as to what is causing the blank page - can you get to the Admin area at all?

Roger

Merv

Hi Stevie,

I get a website display at this addy... http://www.hardyus.com/

The history file that you were using before the upgrade may now be redundant, or if you still want to use it, the website files may have to be transferred back in there.

contd...

Aha... I don't think that's your problem now, but have you read this?... https://thethemefoundry.com/blog/wordpress-white-screen-of-death/

Ste4en

Thanks Merv,

the www.Hardyus.com is separate to the tng site and works as it should. There is a link from it and the tng genealogy is in the history folder.

I don't know what wordpress is or whether i am using it but any of the instruction in the article don't make much sense - those folders don't exist e.g. wp content folder.

Steve

theKiwi
5 hours ago, Ste4en said:

It's a snow white page through a IE browser. http://www.hardyus.com/history/index.php; no links on it at all.

I don't know where else to look for the error log.

The error log will/should be visible through your cPanel somewhere.

Or ask your host if they can tell you why that everything to do with TNG is generating a white blank page.

Roger

Ste4en

From my host: "Access to the Apache error log is not available to hosting users for security reasons. We checked the error log for you, but there was no useful information in it. We also tried to get the software to produce an error message, but we were unable to."

Just going through the steps again..

on the step 7: 

7. Other file operations.   |   Hide instructions

In your web browser, run the script upgrade_fileops8x-11x.php (or just click the link). This operation will open a new window and attempt to do the following:

1. Update your Template Settings to include new template options.

nothing happens here it is just blank, as well the following step 8.

8. Update the database structure.   |   Hide instructions

A few new tables have been added in this version. Go to your General Settings (just click the link), log in if necessary, then expand the...

nothing happens here either, just a blank screen

should I begin again?

Thanks

Ken Roy

If your host does not allow access to error logs, you may be able to create an override in php.ini to capture the php errors,  See PHP Error Log and use the Show Error Logs mod to view it