TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
wonka

installing mod issues

Question

wonka

I want to install some mods, including the surnames statistics, which should work with v11, but I am getting these error messages I cannot decipher. Especially I am not that much of a programmer. Can someone direct me what is going wrong and what needs to be done? See enclosed picture which is in Dutch but "niet geinstalleerd" means "not installed".
It mentions no unique %location% directives and probably has to do with the language files but I don't know what to do.

Capture.JPG

5 answers to this question

crashar

It looks like the mod configuration file has a directive at line 12 and again at line 24 to insert text into the languages/English/cust_text.php and languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php files.  My guess is another modification has altered these two files and your modification cannot find a unique instance of the location it is trying to find.

If you have other mods which alter those two files you may want to uninstall them.  Then install this one first.  After that you should be able to re-install the others.

theKiwi

Check you cust_text.php files - I think they have two different PHP blocks in them

So look through and see if you have something like this

<?php
some lines
?>

<?php
some more lines
?>

and if so, change it to

<?php
some lines
some morelines
?>

And then try to install the Mod again.

Roger

wonka

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately neither brings the solution. I've emptied the cust_text.php file from any existing texts, but result stays the same. Cannot be installed.

Where should %location% be defined? It seems that is the problem as all errors point at the %location% directive.

theKiwi

Did you empty both of them - in the "English" folder AND the English-UTF8" folder?

Roger

wonka

I have another (test) site and there it worked fine. So I figured those files were good, so I replaced all mentioned files in the error logs with the ones from my test site. And now they installed fine. I still don't know what was wrong with the old ones but it works now.