TNG Community
crhoman

Album Links to a Person

Question

crhoman

Media >> Existing Media Information

I'm editing information about a photo. Under the section "Album Links", I am selecting the ID for the person to link to, in this case P2. After I click save and then go back to see the link it doesn't link.  If I look at the Media page where the photos are listed there is no link in the "Linked To" column.  How can I fix this? or is this a bug? Thanks!

Capture0.PNG

9 answers to this question

Chris Lloyd

Just checking - are you using a capital I before the id number? e.g. I272

Cheers

Chris

crhoman

Thanks for your reply. Actually my individuals have a capital "P".  Weather I search and select the person or type in the number like P123 it still does not show that the media/picture is linked.

Chris Lloyd

Hi

Surprised at the 'P' but that must be your specific setup - these 2 images show individual id's and family id's from my site. Perhaps it would help for you yo give a url for someon to look at your site?

Try adding a person id complete with the P in the id field for media.

Cheers

Chris

2016-03-25_1917.png

2016-03-25_1918.png

crhoman

Hi Chris Lloyd,

Thanks for your response. Here is a link to the photo media page: http://attalus.us/genealogy/tng10/browsemedia.php?mediatypeID=photos

All my individuals have a "P" (Person ID) see attached image. Once in awhile (not often) when I do select an individual, either by typing the number or searching and selecting, it does link. But more often it does not.  I don't understand the inconsistency. 

I'm trying to link them so they show on the Media, Photos page as linked.  The above link will show some that are and some that are not. I can't get the linking to work most of the time.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

---Chris

CaptureP.PNG

Hiraeth

The link is no use without some login credentials.

crhoman

Hello Hiraeth, solved, see below.

delia

I have always had a problem with this and I have P before my ids as well. Even tho it says it links, it shows up as undefined and no links appear anywhere. I assume these links go into the media links database table which is empty. I tried to add something manually but obviously don't know all the fields and options cause that didn't work either.

crhoman

I gave up for now on this. Perhaps the new upgrade recently released will fix it.  I haven't upgraded yet and probably won't for a few weeks, just don't have the time right now. Nice to know I'm not the only one with the issue, but sorry for both of us that it doesn't work as planned.  If the new version fixes the problem, I will post again.

crhoman

SOLVED :)

Answer from Darrin - The "P" is most likely the whole problem there. The standard prefix has always been "I", but lately I've seen a number of people using "P", probably because their desktop program is using "P" and that came through in the gedcom file. If you're using "P" now, you'll need to go into Admin/Setup/General Settings/Prefixes and set the person prefix to "P" there.