TNG Community

Messages launched with "Contact Us" form do not process

DRodrigu

Messages entered using the "Contact Us" and "Suggest" forms do not process. When the "Contact Us" or "Suggest" forms are filled out and launched, this message is returned:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.bluenestling.com Port 80

When the "Register for a New User" form is filled out, e-mail announcing the the request processes normally however.

Help!

Hi,

The link to the suggest form looks a bit weird...http://www.bluenestling.com/genealogy/suggest.php?page=Documenting%20This%20American%20Family

when it should be http://www.bluenestling.com/genealogy/suggest.php

You may want to check your template index.php file to correct the link.

If this doesn't correct your problem, you could try replacing your suggest.php file with a new/installation copy.

I also notice that some of the links on your homepage don't work

These can also be corrected in the index.php file.

Merv

Hi,

Thank your for these leads. I investigated them without success..

Fortuitously, Darrin uses Template 13 too, so I was able to compare his page source code with that on my site. It turns out that my "Suggest" and "Contact Us" functions were not working because the tngsendmail.php file was missing from my site folder. When the file was uploaded to my site, mail processes normally.

I thought you would want to know. Thank you for responding to my question. TNG users like me, who have primitive web skills, are grateful for the help of the Forum community.

Don

• 4 years later...