TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
mhenkenis

Font and Font Size Issue

mhenkenis

My setup and integration is coming along pretty well now, but I've got one issue with the integration that I haven't been able to figure out how to correct.

The fonts are coming in at different sizes, and I can't figure out which settings to include in mtngstyle.css in order to fix it.

My wishlist:

The font style is being picked up from the theme.   I would ideally like to change it to make it consistent with the rest of TNG without having to change it for my whole site.

The sizing is different depending on which tab I'm on.  For example, on the Ancestor tab the sizing is OK.  http://henkestrand.com/tng/pedigree.php?personID=I1&tree=henkesrand.  But on the anniversaries/dates, Family, and Individual tabs it is very large http://henkestrand.com/tng/getperson.php?personID=I1&tree=henkesrand.

Anyone run across this before or have any suggestions on what I might need to set?

Thanks,

Mike

theKiwi

If you change the theme (just temporarily) does this behaviour persist?

I can't see anything on my site that shows this, nor do I have anything seemingly over-ridden to control the size of "normal" font.

Roger

mhenkenis

I assumed it would so hadn't checked.  When I first did twenty sixteen it didn't have an impact, but when I changed to Suffusion it went to normal (correct).

So it does seem to be the theme. 

Do you know where the fonts are specified?  Is it in genstyle.css or the php files?  I've tried a couple sections of both....

Mike

mhenkenis

I found out what is happening and a workaround.  As expected, it was pulling the font and size from the theme's style.css.  The body section set a default font and size and this is what it was using.  Interestingly, when I changed it in the style.css, the only impact (that I've found so far) is that it changed the font in TNG.  (I'm assuming the font customization possibilities built into the template override the default which is used in the free version of the theme.  So by putting an override in the theme settings, I've made it consistent in TNG.

It's probably not the "right" way to do it, but it works.  If anyone happens to know how to use mytngstyle.css to override the theme default font, that's probably the "cleanest" way to do it, so please fill me in. :-)

Mike