TNG Community
john_rogers

Mod Manager Loads Wordpress 404 Page

john_rogers

I've recently installed TNG and Wordpress using the plugin integration method.  Everything appeared to work as it should until I tried to access the Mod Manager, which loads Wordpress with a 404 message in the frame where the Mod Manager should appear.  I am NOT using TNG from within Wordpress.  I checked the TNG folder on the webhost to ensure that admin_modhandler.php was there.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,

John

theKiwi

I've never seen that, nor can I reproduce it, even if I try to load the Mod Manager through the WordPress genealogy page.

Have you made any changes to the tng.php file?

Do other areas of TNG Admin all work as expected?

Roger

john_rogers

Mod Manager is the only admin menu item that does that.  I even tried removing the Genealogy URL in site design and definition setting. 

I'm not finding a tng.php file.  ???

What I haven't tried yet is deactivating the plugin.  I'm going to try that next.

John

john_rogers

Deactivating the plugin and clearing the browser cache didn't fix it.

john_rogers

SOLUTION: Change file permission on admin_modhandler.php and admin_modeditor.php to 644 

Thanks for your help, Roger.  I've attempted to post the solution in a way that's obvious for people looking for an answer to the same problem in the future.

I looked at the error log in cpanel and discovered the file permissions were set to 666.  That could be because I uploaded the zip file for the script, then unzipped it in cpanel instead of unzipping on my computer first then uploading to the host.

John

Ken Roy

What version of TNG did you install?  Was it an upgrade or a full install?

I ask because the file permissions were incorrect on some of the older zip files.  On ICDSoft, 666 permissions cause a 500 internal system error.  On your host they may be causing a similar issue.

john_rogers

It was a full install of 10.1.3

Chris Lloyd
On 10/01/2016 at 4:19 AM, john_rogers said:

SOLUTION: Change file permission on admin_modhandler.php and admin_modeditor.php to 644 

John

Thanks John