TNG Community

issue with tng-wordpress-plugin errors, new user

AgThunderbird

AgThunderbird

Greetings, all. New purchaser of TNG program. I'm attempting a new install of both TNG and the tng-wordpress plugin. I've followed the instructions at http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php/Using_TNG_and_WordPress_with_the_tng-wordpress-plugin but have two different error messages on the top of the XXXX.COM/genealogy page depending on what options I select via the wordpress dashboard, TNG/Wordpress integration options.

The most common follows. It appears no matter what options I select from the three checkboxes, Integrate TNG/Wordpress logins, Redirect successful login to referrer page, or Replace TNG homepage with Wordpresspage Warning: ob_start(): function '' not found or invalid function name in /home/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX.COM/wp/wp-content/plugins/tng-wordpress-plugin/tng.php on line 781

The other error message appears only if I select the first checkbox, Integrate TNG/Wordpress logins. Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tng_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX.COM/tng/tngconnect.php:2) in /home/XXXX/XXXX/XXXX.COM/tng/tngconnect.php on line 21

I searched through the forum but did not see either of these errors. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

There is discussion of some of these problems here

when they first arose with the release of TNG 10.1

I don't know what all the answers are with this unfortunately - the plugin is a complicated bit of code which it seems works for some, and doesn't work for others.

The error about ob_start I haven't seen before in relation to the TNG-WordPress plugin.

I have two sites running the plugin - one with WordPress 4.5 alpha something, the other with WordPress 4.4. The server is running PHP 5.5.18. On both of them I don't have any of the checkboxes checked since I have no need for the integrated logins.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...