TNG Community

GEDCOM export from v9.2.1, import to 10.1.3 fails

Caanuck

I have a home hosted linux box running the site version 9 and had have for years, upgraded a few times, etc.  I now want to transition to a next mac osX server box and use version 10 of the TNG software.  I have installed and got the new site working with all green lights on the diagnostics tab, but when I try to copy the data into the site the gedcom load is failing part way through.  Individuals load but families do not.

error looks like this 

M10 M20 I10 M30 P10 M40 I20 M50 M60 P20 I30 I40 I50 M70 I60 M80 I70 P30 M90 I80 M100 I90 P40 I100 I110 P50 I120 I130 I140 I150 I160 M110 I170 I180 N10 I190 P60 I200 N20 I210 P70 M120 I220 I230 I240 M130 I250 M140 P80 I260 I270 I280 M150 I290 N30 P90 I300 M160 I310 M170 I320 N40 M180 I330 I340 P100 I350 I360 P110 I370 M190 I380 I390 P120I400 I410 I420 I430 P130 I440 I450 I460 I470 P140 I480 I490 I500 I510 I520 M200 Cannot execute query: UPDATE tng_families SET marrdate="27 MAY 2000", marrdatetr="2000-05-27", marrplace="Falnash Farm, XXXXX, XXX", marrtype="Married", divdate="", divdatetr="0000-00-00", divplace="", husband="I2", wife="I1", sealdate="", sealdatetr="0000-00-00", sealplace="", changedby="admin" , changedate="2016-01-01 14:01:07" WHERE familyID="F1" AND gedcom = "Strom001"

I have looked at the tables and the gedcom file and been been reading through the forum and trying different things but I cannot seem to get past this...

I aligned the language settings, and purged all of the strange looking characters from cutting/pasting notes from Swedish researchers.

I have tried backup tables, move to new site and restore tables.

I have tried to import the same gedcom file into the v9 site and it works without error.

I moved the gedcom file to the gedcom directory in the v10 site and tried from there - no luck 

I have a feeling it might be something in the tables that is not correct...Any more ideas I can try?

My site is currently password protected but I can open it up if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Rather than messing with a GEDCOM export/import, I would suggest you upgrade your current site to TNG 10.1.3 and then using the TNG Admin ------> Utilities Backup all the tables, then copy them to your computer.

Then on the new site, install TNG 10.1.3 and then restore the tables that you backed up.

This will ensure a proper transfer of ALL your TNG data.

Roger

Hello theKiwi,

Tried the update and got the old site to run under V10.1.3, however it didn't change the outcome.  Still a similar looking error when I restore from the tables that I take from the older V10 site to the new V10 site Backups directory.  During the update, when I ran the script for updating the databases, I got a lot of "failed or completed previously" messages, I would love to know which one it is... (see below).  I still cannot import a gedcom from the old site into the new, same error, stops the import on the first family entry.  I am getting more certain that I have some error on the old site, likely in the place where family info is stored. Can you provide a screen shot of the tables and what they should look like, format, config or whatever might work?

I would love to hear any more ideas...Thanks,

Eric

Outcome from running the script...this was not the first time running the script, I don't have the output from the first running saved :-(

TNG 10.x Database Structure Update

ALTER TABLE tng_albums MODIFY albumname VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_associations MODIFY relationship VARCHAR(75) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_branches DROP PRIMARY KEY ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD PRIMARY KEY (gedcom, branch) ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD personID VARCHAR(22) NOT NULL after description ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD agens INT(11) NOT NULL after personID ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD dgens INT(11) NOT NULL after agens ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD dagens INT(11) NOT NULL after dgens ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD inclspouses TINYINT(4) NOT NULL after dagens ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_branches ADD action TINYINT(4) NOT NULL after inclspouses ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_cemeteries MODIFY maplink VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_families MODIFY marrtype VARCHAR(90) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD burialtype TINYINT(4) NOT NULL after burialplace ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD confdate VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL after baptplace ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD confdatetr DATE NOT NULL after confdate ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD confplace TEXT NOT NULL after confdatetr ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD initdate VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL after confplace ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD initdatetr DATE NOT NULL after initdate ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_people ADD initplace TEXT NOT NULL after initdatetr ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_eventtypes ADD collapse TINYINT(4) NOT NULL after keep ... failed or done previously
ALTER TABLE tng_media MODIFY mediakey VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_media MODIFY path VARCHAR(255) NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_media MODIFY thumbpath VARCHAR(255) NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_medialinks MODIFY personID VARCHAR(248) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_mediatypes ADD disabled TINYINT(4) NOT NULL after exportas ... failed or done previously
INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_mediatypes (mediatypeID,display,path,liketype,icon,thumb,exportas,disabled,ordernum) VALUES('photos','','','','','','',0,-6) ... done
INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_mediatypes (mediatypeID,display,path,liketype,icon,thumb,exportas,disabled,ordernum) VALUES('documents','','','','','','',0,-5) ... done
INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_mediatypes (mediatypeID,display,path,liketype,icon,thumb,exportas,disabled,ordernum) VALUES('headstones','','','','','','',0,-4) ... done
INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_mediatypes (mediatypeID,display,path,liketype,icon,thumb,exportas,disabled,ordernum) VALUES('histories','','','','','','',0,-3) ... done
INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_mediatypes (mediatypeID,display,path,liketype,icon,thumb,exportas,disabled,ordernum) VALUES('recordings','','','','','','',0,-2) ... done
INSERT IGNORE INTO tng_mediatypes (mediatypeID,display,path,liketype,icon,thumb,exportas,disabled,ordernum) VALUES('videos','','','','','','',0,-1) ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_saveimport MODIFY ID INT(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_sources MODIFY callnum VARCHAR(120) NOT NULL ... done
ALTER TABLE tng_trees ADD importfilename VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL after lastimportdate ... failed or done previously
Setting permissions for mmconfig.php...success

The Next Generation database has now been updated to v10.x specs.

If you go to the new site and in TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> Table Creation create the tables. Then look at them with phpMyAdmin - this will tell you what TNG is expecting to see.

Then use phpMyAdmin on your old site to look at the tables there.

If you want to take the GEDCOM file that you have generated, .zip it and then eMail it to me at rogerkiwi@aol.com I will try to import it in to my testing site to see if it works there.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...
Roger,
Got your response - so it’s not the file, it’s the site.

I took a look at the most recent posts on this forum on the zero dates and sql_mode setting and changed that setting in the new site, it seems that the more restrictive settings are the default in the new MYSQL version

I am pretty sure that I have changed it and the import still doesn't work.

Site is an empty site here, you will need to accept my dodgy ssl certificate error

If you don't mind taking a look at the site itself,
I will send you a user name/password for the site by email

Thanks,
Eric

i've sent an eMail - please respond to the eMail - I'm struggling to keep up with communication that is split between this forum and eMail.