TNG Community
markmason7

error warning on changing language

markmason7

I have added the Hebrew Language option from the languages folder. However when I switch to Hebrew on the front page (using template 5) I receive the following error warning, which only appears when I switch language from English:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /[path to tng folder]/languages/Hebrew-UTF8/alltext.php:1) in /[path to tng folder]/genlib.php on line 56

does anyone know why this is happening please?

thanks

Mark

theKiwi

Where did you get the folders for Hebrew-UTF8? This is not part of a standard TNG install?

In any case, the problem is described in the error message - there's something wrong with the file alltext.php in the Hebrew-UTF8 at the start of the file - Line 1. There can be nothing before the opening

<?php

of that file. Is it a file you have created in Hebrew to read from right to left rather than left to right perhaps?

Roger

markmason7
50 minutes ago, theKiwi said:

Where did you get the folders for Hebrew-UTF8? This is not part of a standard TNG install?

In any case, the problem is described in the error message - there's something wrong with the file alltext.php in the Hebrew-UTF8 at the start of the file - Line 1. There can be nothing before the opening

<?php

of that file. Is it a file you have created in Hebrew to read from right to left rather than left to right perhaps?

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I didn't get any folders, i just selected Hebrew from the options list in the language section. is it just a matter of creating a hebrew folder and uploading it to the languages folder via ftp?

theKiwi

As far as I know Hebrew is NOT a standard option in TNG as a language? The attached shows what I see when I look at the drop down list in the Languages area of the TNG Admin.

As far as I know that drop down is populated from the list of folders that are in the languages folder

I've downloaded a full install of TNG 10.1.3 and there is NOT a Hebrew or Hebrew-UTF8 folder in the languages folder

So if you have Hebrew as a choice on your site, then someone has created a folder Hebrew-UTF8 and put it in the languages folder. Inside that folder is a file alltext.php, and as I noted above something about that file is not valid for PHP.

Roger

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 8.39.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 8.39.13 PM.png

markmason7
13 hours ago, theKiwi said:

As far as I know Hebrew is NOT a standard option in TNG as a language? The attached shows what I see when I look at the drop down list in the Languages area of the TNG Admin.

As far as I know that drop down is populated from the list of folders that are in the languages folder

I've downloaded a full install of TNG 10.1.3 and there is NOT a Hebrew or Hebrew-UTF8 folder in the languages folder

So if you have Hebrew as a choice on your site, then someone has created a folder Hebrew-UTF8 and put it in the languages folder. Inside that folder is a file alltext.php, and as I noted above something about that file is not valid for PHP.

Roger

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 8.39.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 8.39.13 PM.png

Sorry, I forgot that some years back I did create a Hebrew folder as advised by Darrin and others on this site. 
I've checked the alttext.php file and there is nothing before the <?php as you can see from the screenshots below.

I'm not a php expert either, sorry!

would it be anything to do with line 56 inside genlib.php? this is part of the error.

Thanks

Mark

Screenshot 2015-12-31 15.24.03.png

Screenshot 2015-12-31 15.22.21.png

Screenshot 2015-12-31 15.21.51.png

Screenshot 2015-12-31 15.21.28.png

theKiwi

No, I think it's clearly indicating the problem exists in the file alltext.php.

Did you make any changes to that file to translate it to Hebrew? It doesn't look like it. If you haven't, get a copy of the alltext.php from the English-UTF8 folder and copy that to the Hebrew-UTF8 folder.

Also check how that file is saved - is it saved with collation or character set "UTF-8 (no BOM)" - you can check this using NotePad++ on Windows or TextWrangler on Mac OS X.

Roger

markmason7

Hi Roger,

thanks, that showed me that it is that altext file. I don't think it's correct.

Can't recall where I got it from originally, but I would like to know if you or anyone else knows where to locate one that is already done please.

Thanks

Mark

theKiwi

No, I don't know where to get a Hebrew file - I too would like to know for a friend from Jerusalem whose site I help with.

But I'm not sure it's as simple as translating a set of English files because of the direction that Hebrew goes from RTL not the conventional LTR, and nothing in the language files would tell TNG to include those instructions in the output.

Roger