TNG Community

TNG 10.1.3 and php 7.0

Moorob76

Playing around using PHP 7.0 with 10.1.3 to see if anything breaks.  So far the only problem I found was with the timeline.  It pops a server error on the ajax file for the timeline.

Well found another one.  You can't logout. Get this error.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/thepetti/public_html/logout.php:9 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/thepetti/public_html/logout.php on line 9

You probably need to write to Darrin about this - TNG has numerous calls to ereg_replace which has been deprecated since PHP 5.3.0 and is now handled abruptly in PHP 7.

It seems like it should be replaced with preg_replace, but I don't know if it's as simple as doing a global find/replace to change all instances.

Roger

Answer from Darrin: "...., there are still a few issues that need to be worked out before TNG will be compatible with PHP 7. The biggest one I've seen so far is that the PHP function "ereg_replace" has been totally eliminated in PHP 7, so I will need to change all instances of that function call. I will definitely have that taken care of in version 11, which should be ready in February or March of 2016. Darrin"