TNG Community

Error with Create Sitemap post site migration

kempons

Hi,

I have recently migrated back to SH to host my site and the staff have been fantastic at backing up, migrating and restoring the TNG site and database.

Only issue I now have is that when I run Create Sitemap as the final step of importing an updated gedcom I am encountering the following error:

Cannot execute query: SELECT gedcom, familyID, changedate FROM tng_families

Any ideas as to the cause and how I can correct this? If I run this query directly from phpMyAdmin it works successfully. Thanks.

TNG v10.1.2 and CreateSitemap mod v10.1.0.3

Regards,

Andrew

Are you sure all your data is correct - I have looked at random at 10 people, and none of them seem to have a "family" - for example

http://www.kempfamilyhistory.com/getperson.php?personID=I90286&tree=adkemp

shows Agnes Kempe and she has a Father, but no mother, others have mother but no father - is this really correct? Or is the Families part of your database not actually complete?

Roger

Hi Roger,

Yes I am sure that the data is correct. Due to the nature of my genealogy (one-name study), I have lots of snippets of families such as these which I am slowly connecting as I find further collaborating research.

The family you noted above pre-dates the migration to the new site and the create sitemap was working successfully there.

Yesterday I imported a new gedcom with a complete replace all and ran all secondary import processes. The only one which is not working is the create sitemap, specifically on the families as detailed. 

If I run this SQL directly through phpMyAdmin it is 100% successful and creates a list of all the families, including the one you reference.

Any other thoughts? Perhaps remove and reinstall the create sitemap mod?

Edited by kempons
typo

What happens if you go to the Options for the Create Site Map mod and set it to not index families - does it run properly or give a different error message?

Can you send me an eMail to rogerkiwi@aol.com with details of how to log in to your Site's Administrator account and I'll see if I can figure out what is happening.

Roger

Edited by theKiwi

Hi Roger,

If I turn off families option in the mod, then it fails at the media index step with a similar error.

If I then also turn off the media option, then the sitemap is successfully created. I protect the media on the site via the restrict access mod so I will leave that turned off in options, however I do need the families indexed.

Have sent an email to you with login details. Thanks for your kind offer of assistance.

It seems like it's an issue with hosting limits - I turned off Individuals and it successfully created a sitemap with just the families. Turn off families and turn on individuals and as you note it correctly makes one of individuals. It can also make one of families and media

So my guess is that it's taking too much time on the server and perhaps gets terminated with that error message.

Can you find out from SimplyHosting if that might indeed be the case? I don't have a database as large as yours to try this on.

Roger

Thanks Roger. Will contact Simply Hosting and seek their assistance to determine if it is hosting resource constraints.

I will update you on the outcome. Thanks again for your assistance.

Hi Roger,

It was a hosting issue - they extended the duration scripts can run for on my site and tuned MySQL. All working now.

Thanks again for your help.