TNG Community
jpjones55

To CMS or not to CMS

jpjones55

Hello ya'll, John Paul here again.  I'm trying to decide whether or not to use a cms with tng loading inside as an iframe (e107v2) or use joomla or wordpress and the integrations they have, if they work....However, the only thing i REALLY need is a photo gallery for my wife's photography.  e107v2 has a built in gallery that works ok, but not as sophisticated as say Gallery....Also one of e107 guys re-wrote the wrapper plugin to work with the new version of e107 and it seems to work ok, just need to mod tng some to match the theme and re-write some links and stuff.

I'm open to all ideas for now.  Im even going to install joomla and wordpress and test.  But for now I have to use my old version 7.1.3 of tng since i have no extra moola to upgrade with.  Also using and old version, 1.7.7 of xampp so tng will run properly.  Sorry, i don't have a hosted site yet and probably won't until Feb or March.

Anyway, just throwing that out there to hear ya'lls ideas and/or recommendations.

John Paul

jpjones55

man screw it.  i'll have to upgrade to to tng 10 next chance i get.  joomla needs minimum php 5.3.10.  my version of xampp is php v5.3.8 and the next version of xampp is php 5.4.4 and tng 7.1.3 won't run on it. jeez, it's always something isn't it?  i'll see if there's an upgrade for just the php in xampp, but from what i've been reading so far is a bunch of issues and problems....