TNG Community

Uncapitalize Surnames

Merv

Hi all,

I see there is an option for capitalizing (uppercase) surnames on import but there doesn't seem to be an option to un-capitalize (lowercase) surnames on import. Or is there a facility on TNG where we can edit surnames quickly and easily.

I am wanting to import a ged com with around 5000 individuals that has a mixture of both formats. I prefer that the surnames are displayed the way they are normally written (un-capitalized).

Thanks in advance, Merv

To clarify... I am wanting to convert surnames that are currently in ALL CAPS format to Initial Caps format.

Edited by Merv
clarification

• 5 months later...

Merv,

Did the workaround ever materialize?  For some reason most of my surnames are not capitalized, which is my preference, but I have one line of a few hundred people where the surnames are all capitalized.  I would like it to be consistent.  Thanks.

Carl

Hi Carl,

Yes it worked a charm. I needed to uncapitalize a file with 4000+ names. I think the correct terminology is "Initial capitalization of surnames", but you get my drift.

Merv

• 11 months later...