TNG Community

Two New TNG Templates: NearDark and NearDawn

Bill Herndon

Bill Herndon

Soon after I started using TNG to host Lindell-Herndon Genealogy, I created a pair of templates derived from Template 8 called NearDark and NearDawnSince then a number of TNG users have asked if they can use my templates. Unfortunately, not having the time to do all the necessary CSS work, my templates required 5 TNG mods to achieve the effects I wanted, making them impractical for most users. Now I've finished the CSS work, and my templates depend on only a single mod, Icon Gravity. So I've decided to publish them for anyone to use.

Check out the Wiki pages (links above) for some previews.

You can download the NearDark package here, or NearDawn here.

Bill Herndon

Edited by Bill Herndon

Hi Bill

I was in the middle of making a lot of changes to my site when I saw your post yesterday.  I thought "why not?".  My site is still new and changing as I figure things out so I tried you templates with what I though are great results.

Your Roots are Showing

Thanks for sharing

Harold

Bill Herndon

Harold,

Glad you found them useful, and the site looks great!

Regards,

Bill Herndon

jayat1familytree

Bill I think you could add a couple of sceenshots to your wiki pages on the templates,

like a before and after comparison, since I dont use that template number you based it from, I dont know whats different. 

Thanks

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
Bill Herndon

Jay...  Done!

Regards,

Bill Herndon

• 1 year later...

I have a question if I add the code required to templateconfig.php, will the code be overwritten with any new templates from TNG that could come in new releases?

templateconfig.php file is one of the files you should back up before doing an upgrade. I think the readme.html for the upgrade merges the changes into the existing file when a new template is provided.  Don't know about templates being provided as mods.

• 4 weeks later...