TNG Community

QromaScan, photo scanning & tag with iPhone App etc.

DelG

Can't compare with a TIFF scan at 1200dpi or more, but fine for a quickie. I have a nice flatbed scanner that powers off the USB connection to my laptop. Both fit nicely into my laptop case. No need to find an electric plug. Great for setting up in libraries and courthouse basements or family reunions! These scanners cost less than $80 and make those curled photos lay flat! But I admit to having used my phone to snap more than a few photos of the odd book page or document that I didn't have time to read.

The huge scans give an image that is large and detailed. Scans also have more dynamic range than any cell phone camera. These things are important since lots of older photos need to be "cleaned up" a bit in Photoshop. I then resize them back down to something reasonable for posting online but keep the original edited file around for people wanting printed copies. Of course I may be just a wee bit pickier than most as my "other" hobby is photography.

Also that kickstarter thing ignores my Android phone - it's for iphones only. The voice tagging is nice and I assume it could be used without the box thingy which would make it much more handy. It's always better to be able to use bright room lights than a flash that would tend to reflect.

Also that kickstarter thing ignores my Android phone - it's for iphones only.

Comments state they are working on an Android app, too.