TNG Community
jdonohue

Can't add Media

jdonohue

For some reason my web page is not allowing me to add any more pdf's  media.  I keep getting an error message. I'm able to add photos, but not PDF files.  Any suggestions?

jseaman

A bit more info would be helpful. What is the error message? Just when does the error message appear?

jdonohue

When I go to a person and then add media and put everything in, this is what it says:  The item could not be added, most likely because another media record already exists for the collection and physical file specified..   Usually it is the first time I've tried to add it (and even then it says this item already exists and I choose to replace it). I then try to add it again but same result.

Janos Dibusz

I have same problem

admin_media.php?message=The+item+could+not+be+added%2C+most+likely+because+another+media+record+already+exists+for+the+collection+and+physical+file+specified..

manofmull

You can add a pdf file if it's in your documents folder, but not if it's in the photos folder.

So when adding new media, select documents and then the required pdf filename.

stores

I might be misunderstanding your reply manofmull but I don't think the photo folder is the issue... I have a number of group pictures that are saved as pdf files and they are in subdirectories within the photos folder and they work just fine.

pdf pictures.jpg

manofmull

Probaby working due to sub-directory. In admin setup, Media/Photos, pdf is not mentioned as a type.

The error mentioned above indicates duplicate use of same media, but I wondered if the incorrect media type had been used.

Janos should do a search of all media for the filename he's trying to add, to see if it already exists.

Nothing to do with the above, but I absolutely detest pdf files and the person who invented them shouild be hung, drawn and quartered (I find them very annoying to work with).

Janos Dibusz

I see the mysql and not generated "mediakey" number. Everything is "0".
The picture and thumb is have.

In the admin everything ok.