TNG Community

Report of edits performed

jseaman

I have multiple people that have edit access to my site. I admit to being somewhat of a control freak in that I need to be able to go behind these editors and "neaten up" their work.

I have tried to create a report to tell me just what they have been up to in the last X days but in working on it I noticed what while there is a criteria of "lastmodified" it seems to deal only with individuals rather than families ... or at least the options I have for fields to display don't include family number or name - just individual number and names.

The What's New report on the sidebar (template 4) is fine but if someone (or several people) edit a bunch all within several days the list of edits will just scroll off and never get seen unless I increase the size of the log to very large levels.

Solutions?

Jay Wilpolt

I have multiple people that have edit access to my site. I admit to being somewhat of a control freak in that I need to be able to go behind these editors and "neaten up" their work.

I have tried to create a report to tell me just what they have been up to in the last X days but in working on it I noticed what while there is a criteria of "lastmodified" it seems to deal only with individuals rather than families ... or at least the options I have for fields to display don't include family number or name - just individual number and names.

The What's New report on the sidebar (template 4) is fine but if someone (or several people) edit a bunch all within several days the list of edits will just scroll off and never get seen unless I increase the size of the log to very large levels.

Solutions?

TNG has no way of reporting back to you any changes made. That is why it is not good for collaboration, unless you filter all changes/additions correction thru a central person.

Sorry

Solutions?

Jim,

Instead of granting users Edit rights, grant them Submitter rights Allow to submit edits for administrative review (People, Families and Sources only) where you have to use the Review tab on People, Families, and Sources to review, change, and approved their changes.