TNG Community

Fatal Error: tngconnect.php error

wacole

Hello,

In the process of upgrading to 10.1. Am getting this message, but not quite sure what to do.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tng_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/penarthr/public_html/tngconnect.php:2) in /home/penarthr/public_html/tngconnect.php on line 20

Thanks very much for helping me sort this.

Hello,

In the process of upgrading to 10.1. Am getting this message, but not quite sure what to do.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tng_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/penarthr/public_html/tngconnect.php:2) in /home/penarthr/public_html/tngconnect.php on line 20

Is this a WordPress installation? If so see the latest entries in that forum.

If not, then see the TNG Wiki article on Dealing with mods in TNG 10.1

Hello,

I have been working on this problem.

If you do NOT have users logging in to your WordPress and TNG through the setting in the TNG.php plugin for "Integrate WordPress/TNG logins" - i.e. if that is NOT checked, then you can fix this quickly by going to the TNG 10 downloads page and getting the revised version of tng.php that is there - revised for version 10.1

If you DO make use of integrated logins, then it's more complicated and I don't have a complete coherent answer yet that will let all aspects of integrated logins work properly.

See for example this thread http://www.tngforum.us/index.php?showtopic=9976

Roger

I have been working on this problem.

If you do NOT have users logging in to your WordPress and TNG through the setting in the TNG.php plugin for "Integrate WordPress/TNG logins" - i.e. if that is NOT checked, then you can fix this quickly by going to the TNG 10 downloads page and getting the revised version of tng.php that is there - revised for version 10.1

If you DO make use of integrated logins, then it's more complicated and I don't have a complete coherent answer yet that will let all aspects of integrated logins work properly.

See for example this thread http://www.tngforum.us/index.php?showtopic=9976

Roger

Thanks all ... I do not make use of integrated logins so clear there. I think that the cause of this problem is my own doing; (a) didn't remove mods before upgrading and to make matters worse (b) forgot to do the db conversion after I did the upgrade. I'm also finding that I'm not clear whether I'm using a pre or post-8.1.0 template and have posted separately to sort that out. Never do this stuff when you are tired.

Best regards and many thanks ...