TNG Community

Calendar Addon - tngCalendar

cniemira

I installed the TNG Calendar with my new install of TNG V7. The images will not display even after copying them to the root directory in addition to the ../calender directory where the TNG Calendar is installed. Any suggestions?

My site: http://gone2texas.us/Genrecords/calendar.php

Also, I need to move the calendar down because it is too close to my right side drop down menu buttons.

Thanks, Dalena

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cniemira

• rocksea

• clweed

• Francis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go to TNG Admin -> Setup -> Site design and definition and give a / (slash) at the end of the Genealogy URL.

I think that is it, if I remember...

That worked. Thank you very much.

That worked. Thank you very much.

To load your calendar page properly, and the tool tips to work, you have to add in your meta.php:

<link href="/genealogy/calendar/calstyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/genealogy/calendar/tooltip.js"></script>
note: In your case, /genealogy/ may be /Genrecords/ Also, to avoid the footer error at the bottom, you may want to replace in your calendar.php tng_footer(); with
tng_footer('');

cheers,,

To load your calendar page properly, and the tool tips to work, you have to add in your meta.php:

<link href="/genealogy/calendar/calstyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/genealogy/calendar/tooltip.js"></script>
note: In your case, /genealogy/ may be /Genrecords/ Also, to avoid the footer error at the bottom, you may want to replace in your calendar.php tng_footer(); with
tng_footer('');

cheers,,

I have updated and thank you very much. I did not even see the footer error. Good catch.

I've searched the forum, cannot find an answer, and would appreciate any help, please. I don't understand step 5 of the instructions in the README file - "move calendar/orig-config.php to calendar/config.php". I see the file "orig-config.php" in the calendar folder, but do not see "config.php". By "move", do the instructions mean "rename"? I'm a fish out of water here. The URL is http://www.bryan-martin.net/genealogy/calendar.php.

Thank you,

Greg

Greg, yes, you have to rename the orig-config.php to config.php and keep it in the calendar directory itself. I think it is set like this so that you don't accidentally replace the tng config.php in the root installation.

That worked for the most part - thank you! Now the problem is that the calendar says that everyone is living, eben when the mouseover clearly shows a death date. The only error code is toward the bottom of the page - Warning: Missing argument 1 for tng_footer() in /home/daytonpi/public_html/bryan-martin/genealogy/genlib.php on line 108.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Greg

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm looking at installing version 2.0a1 - "the Basic Calendar". Is there someone who has installed this who can send me a link to their site, so that I can see what I'm about to get into? Reading through this thread it seems that a lot of problems have suraced in the past, so I'm wondering whether the new version has sorted these out? I'm also wondering if it's possible for visitors to the home page to not be able to access teh calendar info until they have logged in? Thanks, joyaa

polysfamily

I have been trying to implement the Calendar Mod 2.0a1 with very limited success. My main directory resides at www.polysfamily.com with no separate folder for the TNG files. Therefore I created a subfolder for Calendar and uploaded all the calendar files there and moved the calendar.php file to polysfamily.com. I then edited the meta.php to insert the recomended lines removing "genealogy/" from each since that folder does not exist.

As you can see at www.polysfamily.com/calendar.php, I have been able to get the calendar grid to appear as well as the icons but No events are displayed and the "previous" month routine is flawed ( I have also noticed this in other peoples calendars that do appear functioning).

Can any one see what I am missing? I think the mod looks great but can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks

Dave