TNG Community

Change of MySQL database password

Skjoldhoj

When I was running TNG 10.0.1 my Host provider had some hacking problems and my site was stopped. He then asked me to change my database password. I logged into the host-server and changed my password and the host provider then open my site again.

Now it was not possible to have TNG access to the server from my PC. In config.php I change the database password to the new one and then Ihere were TNG access to the server with all my genealogi data. 

But if I try to login as Admin or another user the program hang with no error-messages. The same happend if i try to change language or select the Contact bottom. Is it a permission problem? or database password problem?

It started when I was running TNG 10.0.1. I have now upgraded to TNG 10.1.2 and the problem is still there.

My site is http://peter-skjoldhoj.dk/TNG

Help needed

​Thanks Ken, but clearing cookies and cache has no effect.

- Is config.php the right place to change the database password or do I need a new TNG installation for maybe distribute the password in config.php to other places in the system?

- I have access to all TNG data in my system, but when I try to select a function that "write" to the system (login, language change, Contact etc) the system hang without error messages. It looks like access-rights to me, but how can I check that? My Host supplier has in the same period upgraded to PHP 5.6.11. 

Regards Peter Skjoldhøj

The config.php is the correct file to update the connection information.

It is possible that php 5.6 is an issue.  Do you have an option to run a different version of php on your ISP hosting service?  If so try using a previous version of php

Hej Ken,

Talked with my ISP hosting service about the dates for the PHP 5.6/Utf8 upgrade. Comparing that with the adminlog on the server we can see that the TNG-system was working OK some days after the upgrade.

I think we are back to the hacking problems. They started after the upgrade.

Some "extra" files was found i the /TNG/documents folder

viola.php

mlr.php (ArkealoGeNDz Mailer)

mlrii.php (enviando, Assunto, Mensagem)

robots.txt

index.php

80.php

It is still not possible to make a user or admin login to my TNG-system.

Is there a way to make a full TNG-installation without deleting all the 32 database tables?

It is not easy

Peter

If you do a full install, create a new database. 

You can then restore the previous database after you are up and running.

Thanks for the advice. Before I will make a new full instalation something new has come up.

When the ISP made the PHP 5.6 upgrade they upgraded at the same time to utf8. It did have any conflict with the TNG programs and the system was running perfect. When I was forced to change the database password at the ISP-server I also has to change the password in config.php and ftp the new config to the server. From here on the problems started.

Looking at the config.php over time I find out that config.php was saved with coding ANSI. When I made the password change in config.php I was using Notesblok and the config.php was then saved with coding utf8. I have now made a new config.php and saved it with coding ANSI. That helps, Now I can make language change , login etc.

Now I am missing the correct layout of most of the screen pages. Frontpage is Ok but other pages are missing the formatting. I am using Template1.

Could you please take a look at my pages

http://peter-skjoldhoj.dk/TNG

Thanks, Peter

Check the RootPath setting in your TNG Admin - go to the Setup ------> General Settings ------> Paths and Folders  and delete whatever is in the Root Path box.

Save the changes

Go back to the same screen and the correct footpath will get filled in

Save the changes

Now see if the display looks correct.

Check your TNG folder too to make sure the img and css folders are present and their content is all present - it seems like you're missing a lot of needed files.

Roger

Hi theKiwi,

No effect with the RootPath.

I think the problem is somewhere related to the coding in ANSI or utf8 of the config.php file and the other files? but I cant find out what?

Mybe I shall go for a full TNG 10.1.2 installation and try to restore database-files and TNG data-files.

Is there a good description of that process?

Peter Skjoldhoj

config.php

Use the ReadMe.html file, but do NOT create the database - you can skip over that step if you already have a database.

Roger

Hi theKiwi,

I made a full TNG installation after the readme.php file, skiped copy of TNG-data files and skipped creation of the database-tables.

Everything works now :grin:

Thanks 

Peter