TNG Community

How to match tree id in Settings to tree ID

robert augustus

robert augustus

I understand I need to
In Admin >> Setup >> Template Settings, you need to change the tree ID to match the ID of your tree. You should also set the person ID number to the person you want at the base of your pedigree.

How do I find out my tree ID in order to list it in settings?

• 3 weeks later...
Robin Richmond

The Administration >> Trees function shows you the ID's for each tree you have.  Most users only have one tree.

Or, when you look at the person profile page, the web address should show the treeID just following tree=.
For instance, in this web address:
http://www.robinrichmond.com/family/getperson.php?personID=I1010&tree=rr
The ​tree ID is rr

(Actually, if you have only one tree and/or you have a default tree defined, the tree parameter might not be there, in which case, you might be able to leave it blank in the template definition.)

- Robin

Robin Richmond

(I'm adding this post only because I don't think I checked "notify me of replies" in my previous post, and don't see a way to edit that setting)

The Administration >> Trees function shows you the ID's for each tree you have.  Most users only have one tree.

Or, when you look at the person profile page, the web address should show the treeID just following tree=.
For instance, in this web address:
http://www.robinrichmond.com/family/getperson.php?personID=I1010&tree=rr
The ​tree ID is rr

(Actually, if you have only one tree and/or you have a default tree defined, the tree parameter might not be there, in which case, you might be able to leave it blank in the template definition.)

- Robin

​In the Template Settings where the treeID is required to display a Pedigree chart (His Side, Her Side) for example, you have to provide the treeID, you cannot leave it blank.